Mail Fetch dead.
Adrian Crafer
2007-09-15 22:47:11 UTC
Fetching from pop.orpheusnet.co.uk stopped working with a fetch at
23:08.

Error report is "Lost connection to pop.orpheusnet.co.uk"

Adrian Crafer
***@orpheusmail.co.uk
Paul Vigay
2007-09-16 07:16:45 UTC
Fetching from pop.orpheusnet.co.uk stopped working with a fetch at 23:08.
Error report is "Lost connection to pop.orpheusnet.co.uk"
Can you get to websites (ie. www.bbc.co.uk) ok? or is your entire
connection down. There are no mail problems at this end, and there's
nothing in my overnight log report, so everything should be working
normally.

I'll have a more detailed look at the logs when I SSH into the server, but
in the meantime, all should be functioning normally at Orpheus towers.
--
Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/

Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/
Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/
Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
Alan Griffin
2007-09-16 10:57:00 UTC
Post by Adrian Crafer
Fetching from pop.orpheusnet.co.uk stopped working with a fetch at
23:08.
Error report is "Lost connection to pop.orpheusnet.co.uk"
Mine failed with the same error message at the same time.
O.K. now though.

Alan Griffin
Colin Matthews
2007-09-16 13:24:37 UTC
Post by Alan Griffin
Post by Adrian Crafer
Fetching from pop.orpheusnet.co.uk stopped working with a fetch at
23:08.
Error report is "Lost connection to pop.orpheusnet.co.uk"
Mine failed with the same error message at the same time.
O.K. now though.
084512131621 has failed to make connection for me at least 10 times
over the past few days - not a line problem, as this has happened
using 3 different lines.
--
f r o m C o l i n M a t t h e w s
***@dpmail.co.uk
Paul Vigay
2007-09-16 15:45:56 UTC
084512131621 has failed to make connection for me at least 10 times over
the past few days - not a line problem, as this has happened using 3
different lines.
What error do you get? Does the modem connect? do you get a BT voice (as
somone else reported). Also, what software are you using?

Colin Matthews
2007-09-16 17:35:20 UTC
Post by Paul Vigay
What error do you get? Does the modem connect? do you get a BT
voice (as somone else reported). Also, what software are you using?
I get the BT voice. Still using Voyager, believe it or not . . .
--
f r o m C o l i n M a t t h e w s
***@dpmail.co.uk
Dr Peter Young
2007-09-16 17:37:51 UTC
Post by Colin Matthews
Post by Paul Vigay
What error do you get? Does the modem connect? do you get a BT
voice (as somone else reported). Also, what software are you using?
I get the BT voice. Still using Voyager, believe it or not . . .
Time to go broadband? I never regretted it!

With best wishes,

Peter.
--
Peter \ / \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
Anne \ / __ __ \ England.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk.
Paul Vigay
2007-09-16 17:45:07 UTC
Post by Colin Matthews
I get the BT voice. Still using Voyager, believe it or not . . .
What part of the country are you in? I think there's congestion on the BT
network. This is odd because I've not received any BT service reports which
they generally send out prior to any 'end user' affecting engineering works
going on.

Paul

Colin Matthews
2007-09-16 22:11:42 UTC
Post by Paul Vigay
What part of the country are you in? I think there's congestion on
the BT network. This is odd because I've not received any BT
service reports which they generally send out prior to any 'end
user' affecting engineering works going on.
Both London and where I am at the moment, Somerset. It's getting
worse - about one connection in ten getting through now, plus
authentication failing after 5 seconds

(I will be going broadband, but not just yet . . .)
--
f r o m C o l i n M a t t h e w s
***@dpmail.co.uk
Adrian Crafer
2007-09-17 08:05:33 UTC
Post by Colin Matthews
Post by Paul Vigay
What part of the country are you in? I think there's congestion on
the BT network. This is odd because I've not received any BT
service reports which they generally send out prior to any 'end
user' affecting engineering works going on.
Both London and where I am at the moment, Somerset. It's getting
worse - about one connection in ten getting through now, plus
authentication failing after 5 seconds
(I will be going broadband, but not just yet . . .)
I have been away all day Sunday so I did not contribute further. As
the person who kicked off this thread I should add the comment the
problem was on Broadband, and was limited to email connections to
Orpheus. All other ISPs I fetch from, and all other Broadband
activities were operating normally.

Adrian Crafer
--
***@orpheusmail.co.uk